
This is a recipe I made last Monday night (mostly for the judges of the General Election at our town's voting center, where Mother and Jeffrey were judges) and am cooking at the moment. They are super sweet - I didn't want very much at a time - but they are yummy. My sister Emily, the family sweet tooth, can't stand them, though. So... you might love it, hate it, or anywhere in between.
Note: Both tonight and last Monday, I used regular Sweetened Condensed Milk (not Creamy Chocolate) and it was still wonderful. I also just used 1 cup of M&Ms rather than those special things.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Creamy Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 (12-ounce) package "M&M's" Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bits
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 (325 for glass dish). In bowl, combine crumbs and margarine; press into 13X9 inch baking pan. Pour Eagle Brand evenly over crumbs. In large bowl, combine M&M's Baking Bits, coconut, and nuts. Sprinkle 1/2 of mixture evenly over Eagle Brand; press in lightly. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake 10-15 minutes. Cool. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature...And if you really want to, you can get it out and eat it sometime. :)
1 comment:
Those look yummy...sweet but yummy. =)
Post a Comment