On Monday (as you know if you read the post 2 posts back) I babysat Lincoln B. On Wednesday afternoon Lincoln came again. Mother was already babysitting Alia and Kara R. that same day. Yesterday, Thursday, Mother babysat Alia and Kara again, and I babysat Olivia H., who Brenda used to babysit (Brenda and I also babysat Olivia's two siblings that go to school). Then, today I babysat Olivia and her siblings again. Understand, that whether Mother or I babysit, all of us play with whoever is here.
Now that we've gotten the facts down, how about some personal feelings about it all?
Well, I am pretty accustomed to babysitting Lincoln, so it wasn't hard for me. He is very sweet.
Alia and Kara are a bit on the wild side, so it is harder on the nerves. But, we made it through another (~)12 hrs. with them this week.
I was nervous about babysitting Olivia and her siblings because I had only done it for an afternoon before and didn't have the "off to school with the older kids, get Olivia ready for the day" routine down. Also, (just like Bren did when she worked with them) I had to get up early both days (at 5:30), which although some people love doing (like my dad), I am not partial to! Olivia was good most of the time, and we had fun with her, so it all worked out okay.
Sharing my new mp3 player with Olivia - she actually liked it.
Olivia.
Also, as you'll know if you read my family's blog we finished the quilt top this week. I am so happy about it, and can't believe it took Mother and I just less than a month to do it all. Now we are going to send it to some people in Missouri who are going to quilt it for us. You can see some pictures by clicking here.
Although not on the subject of babysitting or quilting, I decided to share a couple more pictures.
Sometimes we put some chai tea powder in our ice cream. The first picture is of a chai drink with vanilla ice cream afloat. The second picture is vanilla ice cream with chai tea powder on it. It is yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment